Lise Geisler Bjerregaard
Senior researcher, PhD, M.Sc. Public Health
Lise G. Bjerregaard is currently holding a position as a Senior Researcher in the Section of Clinical Epidemiology in Jennifer Baker's group. She received her BSc, MSc and PhD degrees in Public Health Sciences from the University of Copenhagen. Her research has concentrated on life course studies of body weight using population-based data examining causes and consequences of childhood obesity. Scientific focus areas are developmental origin of obesity, type 2 diabetes and ageing related diseases.
The main purpose of her research programme is to study the relationship between infant feeding and infant growth and the risk of cardiovascular diseases as well as the influence of childhood and adulthood obesity on these associations. Her work is performed
using the data resources of the Copenhagen Infant Health Visitor Records, the
Copenhagen Perinatal Cohort, and the Copenhagen School Health Records Register.
Publications: Press link for publications in PURE (change search criteria to: Geisler Andersen for earlier publications)
- Bjerregaard LG, Jensen BW, Ängquist L, Osler M, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Change in Overweight from Childhood to Early Adulthood and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. New England Journal of Medicine 2018;378(14):1302-12.
- Zimmermann* E, Bjerregaard* LG, Gamborg M, Vaag AA, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Childhood body mass index and development of type 2 diabetes throughout adult life-A large-scale Danish cohort study. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2017;25(5):7.
- Bjerregaard LG, Rasmussen KM, Michaelsen KF, Skytthe A, Mortensen EL, Baker JL, Sørensen TIA. Effects of body size and change in body size from infancy through childhood on body mass index in adulthood. Int J Obes (Lond) 2014;38(10):1305-11.
- Andersen LG, Holst C, Michaelsen KF, Baker JL, Sørensen TIA. Weight and weight gain during early infancy predict childhood obesity: a case-cohort study. Int J Obes (Lond) 2012;36(10):1306-11.
- Andersen LG, Angquist L, Eriksson JG, Forsen T, Gamborg M, Osmond C, Baker JL, Sørensen TIA. Birth weight, childhood body mass index and risk of coronary heart disease in adults: combined historical cohort studies. PLoS One 2010;5(11):e14126.
- EASO Travel Grant, European Congress on Obesity 2018
- Second prize for the best abstract at the annual meeting of the Danish Association for the Study of Obesity, 2017
- First prize for the best poster presentation at the Danish Diabetes Academy Winter School 2017
No e-mail has been registred for this user/group