Responsibilities-/Field of research:
Line Klingen Gjærde works as postdoc at the Center for Clinical Research and Disease Prevention in the research group in Life Course Epidemiology of Growth and Health led by Jennifer Baker. She earned her MD from the University of Copenhagen in 2012. Her research focuses on understanding how childhood body size and growth impacts short and long term cardiovascular health, particularly stroke. In her PhD she is investigating associations of body mass index and linear growth in childhood with later risks of stroke subtypes. She is funded by the University of Copenhagen and collaborates with a group at Harvard University and a group at Bristol University.
2018. Young Investigator Travel Award. European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO).
2017. Region H Research Prize for the publication "Association of Childhood Body Mass Index and Change in Body Mass Index With First Adult Ischemic Stroke" 2017 JAMA neurology.
2014. Poster award, Epidemiology Section, Obesity Week 2014.
- Haugaard LK, Ajslev TA, Zimmermann E, Angquist L, Sorensen TI. Being an only or last-born child increases later risk of obesity. PloS one. 2013;8(2):e56357.
- Haugaard LK, Baker JL, Perng W, Belfort MB, Rifas-Shiman SL, Switkowski K, et al. Growth in Total Height and Its Components and Cardiometabolic Health in Childhood. PloS one. 2016;11(9):e0163564.
- Rieckmann A, Villumsen M, Sorup S, Haugaard LK, Ravn H, Roth A, et al. Vaccinations against smallpox and tuberculosis are associated with better long-term survival: a Danish case-cohort study 1971-2010. International journal of epidemiology. 2017;46(2):695-705.
- Gjærde LK, Gamborg M, Angquist L, Truelsen TC, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Association of Childhood Body Mass Index and Change in Body Mass Index With First Adult Ischemic Stroke. JAMA neurology. 2017;74(11):1312-8.
- Gjærde LK, Truelsen TC, Baker JL. Childhood Stature and Growth in Relation to First Ischemic Stroke or Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2018;49(3):579-85.
Publications: Press link for publications in PURE (change search criteria to: Klingen Haugaard for earlier publications)