Jennifer Lyn Baker
Responsibilities and research area:
Jennifer L. Baker is the leader of the Lifecourse Epidemiology group in the Section of Clinical Epidemiology at the Center. Jennifer received her PhD in Human Nutrition from Cornell University. Jennifer has established a research programme that investigates the causes and long-term health consequences of childhood body size and growth. Jennifer's work uses numerous population-based cohorts in Denmark as well as national health and social registers. Jennifer serves on many scientific committees and she is the co-chair of the Childhood Obesity Task Force for the European Association for the Study of Obesity.
Selected honors and activities:
- 2017: Appointed as a Fellow of The Obesity Society (USA)
- 2016: Member of the Handbook on Obesity and Cancer working group at the International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
- 2013: Editorial Board member, International Journal of Obesity
- 2012 European Research Council Starting Grant n° 281419, Project title "Childhood body size, growth and pubertal timing and the risk of cancer in adulthood" €1,200,000
- Bjerregaard LG, Jensen BW, Angquist L, Osler M, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Change in Overweight from Childhood to Early Adulthood and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med 2018;378(14):1302-12.
- Gjaerde LK, Gamborg M, Angquist L, Truelsen TC, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Association of Childhood Body Mass Index and Change in Body Mass Index With First Adult Ischemic Stroke. JAMA Neurol 2017;74(11):1312-8.
- Kitahara CM, Gamborg M, Berrington de Gonzalez A, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Childhood height and body mass index were associated with risk of adult thyroid cancer in a large cohort study. Cancer Res 2014;74(1):235-42.
- Zimmermann E, Gamborg M, Sørensen TIA, Baker JL. Sex Differences in the Association Between Birth Weight and Adult Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes 2015;64(12):4220-5.
- Baker JL, Olsen LW, Sørensen TIA. Childhood body-mass index and the risk of coronary heart disease in adulthood. N Engl J Med 2007;357(23):2329-37.
No e-mail has been registred for this user/group