Charlotta Pisinger is the first Danish professor in tobacco prevention. She has a professorate at the University of Copenhagen and is associated professor at University of Southern Denmark. She is often refered to the foremost national expert in tobacco, has written the national guidelines for the treatment of tobacco addiction, published multiple tobacco related reports and presented scientific results to the European Parliament. Charlotta is chairman for the European Union Respiratory Society and former president of the Danish Society for Tobacco Research, in the directory board for Danish Epidemiological Society and part of the Danish Heart Foundation Research Evaluation Comittee.
In addition, Charlotta is course supervisor for the Master of Public Health education at the University of Copenhagen and involved in many research projects, primarily intervention studies on large populations.
- Pisinger C, Nielsen HØ, Kuhlmann C, Rosthøj S. Obesity Might Be a Predictor of Weight Reduction after Smoking Cessation, Journal of Obesity, vol. 2017, Article ID 2504078, 9 pages, 2017.
- Pisinger C, Døssing M. A systematic review of health effects of electronic cigarettes. Prev Med 2014 Dec;69:248-60
- Jakobsen AS, Speyer H, Nørgaard HCB, Karlsen M, Birk M, Hjorthøj C, Mors O, Krogh J, Gluud C, Pisinger C, Nordentoft M.Effect of lifestyle coaching versus care coordination versus treatment as usual in people with severe mental illness and overweight: Two-years follow-up of the randomized CHANGE trial. PLoS One. 2017 Oct 6;12(10)
- Jørgensen T., Jacobsen R.K., Toft U., Aadahl M., Glümer C., Pisinger C.Effect of screening and lifestyle counselling on incidence of ischaemic heart disease in general population: Inter99 randomised trial. BMJ 2014; 348 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g3617. Published 9 June 2014
- Pisinger C, Hammer-Helmich L, Andreasen AH, Jørgensen T, Glümer C. Social disparities in children's exposure to second hand smoke at home: a repeated cross-sectional survey. Environ Health. 2012 Sep 17;11(1):65