Thuesen is Head of Section for Population-based Epidemiology including the
Population Studies in Glostrup.
primarily researchs in different micronutrients’ potential impact on the
development of chronical diseases in the population. Among these are iodine
related metabolic diseases and Betina is thus member of the steering committee
for the DanThyr project that evaluates the Danish iodine enrichment
programme. Betina is also member of the steering committee for the DanFunD project
(Danish Study of Functional Disorders) which is the world’s largest population
study focusing on functional disorders.
a master's degree in human biology and a PhD in epidemiology both from
University of Copenhagen.
Elisabeth Dahl Nielsen Tel +45 38 63 32 62, e-mail email@example.com
- Møllehave LT, Linneberg A, Skaaby T, Knudsen N, Ehlers L, Jørgensen T, Thuesen BH. Trends in Costs of Thyroid Disease Treatment in Denmark during 1995-2015. Eur Thyroid J 2018;7:75-83.
- NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Worldwide trends in body-mass index, underweight, overweight, and obesity from 1975 to 2016: a pooled analysis of 2416 population-based measurement studies in 128·9 million children, adolescents, and adults. Lancet 2017; 390, 2627-42.
- NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Worldwide trends in blood pressure from 1975 to 2015: a pooled analysis of 1479 population-based measurement studies with 19·1 million participants. Lancet 2017;389:37-55.
- Friedrich N, Pietzner M, Cannet C, Thuesen BH, Hansen T, Wallaschofski H, Grarup N, Skaaby T, Budde K, Pedersen O, Nauck M, Linneberg A. Urinary metabolomics reveals glycemic and coffee associated signatures of thyroid function in two population-based cohorts. PLoS One 2017;12:e0173078.
- Völzke H, Caron P, Dahl L, de Castro JJ, Erlund I, Gaberšček S, Gunnarsdottir I, Hubalewska-Dydejczyk A, Ittermann T, Ivanova L, Karanfilski B, Khattak RM, Kusić Z, Laurberg P, Lazarus JH, Markou KB, Moreno-Reyes R, Nagy EV, Peeters RP, Pīrāgs V, Podoba J, Rayman MP, Rochau U, Siebert U, Smyth PP, Thuesen BH, Troen A, Vila L, Vitti P, Zamrazil V, Zimmermann MB. Ensuring Effective Prevention of Iodine Deficiency Disorders. Thyroid 2016;26:189-96.