Betina H. Thuesen is the section leader of the Section for Population-based Epidemiology and Population Studies in Glostrup. Betina has a master's degree in human biology and a PhD in epidemiology from University of Copenhagen. Betina's research has primarily been focused on trace nutrients and their potential effect on the development of diseases in populations. Recently, her focus has been Iodine related metabolic diseases and has therefore since 2015 been involved in the international EUthyroid project, with 32 partners in 27 countries, as lead for the Work-Package group and part of the leadership on the project. She is also part of the leadership on the DanThyr project that evaluates the national Iodine enrichment programme.
- Møllehave LT, Linneberg A, Skaaby T, Knudsen N, Ehlers L, Jørgensen T, Thuesen BH. Trends in Costs of Thyroid Disease Treatment in Denmark during 1995-2015. Eur Thyroid J 2018;7:75-83.
- NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Worldwide trends in body-mass index, underweight, overweight, and obesity from 1975 to 2016: a pooled analysis of 2416 population-based measurement studies in 128·9 million children, adolescents, and adults. Lancet 2017; 390, 2627-42.
- NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Worldwide trends in blood pressure from 1975 to 2015: a pooled analysis of 1479 population-based measurement studies with 19·1 million participants. Lancet 2017;389:37-55.
- Friedrich N, Pietzner M, Cannet C, Thuesen BH, Hansen T, Wallaschofski H, Grarup N, Skaaby T, Budde K, Pedersen O, Nauck M, Linneberg A. Urinary metabolomics reveals glycemic and coffee associated signatures of thyroid function in two population-based cohorts. PLoS One 2017;12:e0173078.
- Völzke H, Caron P, Dahl L, de Castro JJ, Erlund I, Gaberšček S, Gunnarsdottir I, Hubalewska-Dydejczyk A, Ittermann T, Ivanova L, Karanfilski B, Khattak RM, Kusić Z, Laurberg P, Lazarus JH, Markou KB, Moreno-Reyes R, Nagy EV, Peeters RP, Pīrāgs V, Podoba J, Rayman MP, Rochau U, Siebert U, Smyth PP, Thuesen BH, Troen A, Vila L, Vitti P, Zamrazil V, Zimmermann MB. Ensuring Effective Prevention of Iodine Deficiency Disorders. Thyroid 2016;26:189-96.