Betina H. Thuesen is Head
of Section for Population-based Epidemiology including the
Population Studies in Glostrup.
Betina H. Thuesen primarily researchs in
different micronutrients’ potential impact on the development of chronical
diseases in the population. Among these are iodine related metabolic diseases
and Betina is thus member of the steering committee for the
DanThyr project that evaluates the Danish iodine enrichment programme.
Betina is also member of the steering committee for the DanFunD project
(Danish Study of Functional Disorders) which is the world’s largest population
study focusing on functional disorders.
Betina H. Thuesen has a master's degree in human biology and a PhD in epidemiology
both from University of Copenhagen.
Elisabeth Dahl Nielsen Tel +45 38 63 32 62, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Møllehave LT, Linneberg A, Skaaby T, Knudsen N, Ehlers L, Jørgensen T, Thuesen BH. Trends in Costs of Thyroid Disease Treatment in Denmark during 1995-2015. Eur Thyroid J 2018;7:75-83.
- NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Worldwide trends in body-mass index, underweight, overweight, and obesity from 1975 to 2016: a pooled analysis of 2416 population-based measurement studies in 128·9 million children, adolescents, and adults. Lancet 2017; 390, 2627-42.
- NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Worldwide trends in blood pressure from 1975 to 2015: a pooled analysis of 1479 population-based measurement studies with 19·1 million participants. Lancet 2017;389:37-55.
- Friedrich N, Pietzner M, Cannet C, Thuesen BH, Hansen T, Wallaschofski H, Grarup N, Skaaby T, Budde K, Pedersen O, Nauck M, Linneberg A. Urinary metabolomics reveals glycemic and coffee associated signatures of thyroid function in two population-based cohorts. PLoS One 2017;12:e0173078.
- Völzke H, Caron P, Dahl L, de Castro JJ, Erlund I, Gaberšček S, Gunnarsdottir I, Hubalewska-Dydejczyk A, Ittermann T, Ivanova L, Karanfilski B, Khattak RM, Kusić Z, Laurberg P, Lazarus JH, Markou KB, Moreno-Reyes R, Nagy EV, Peeters RP, Pīrāgs V, Podoba J, Rayman MP, Rochau U, Siebert U, Smyth PP, Thuesen BH, Troen A, Vila L, Vitti P, Zamrazil V, Zimmermann MB. Ensuring Effective Prevention of Iodine Deficiency Disorders. Thyroid 2016;26:189-96.